The BrainStorm Microsoft Teams App is a robust integration that promotes the usage and adoption of Teams. Using your organization’s O365 tenant to authenticate users, the Teams app mimics the QuickHelp Home Page to create a bridge from Teams to QuickHelp for easy end-user searches and completion of learning. In addition to this learning, messages may be sent via Teams to give your users another option of receiving notifications from QuickHelp.
The following steps ensure that the BrainStorm Microsoft Teams app is installed correctly for all users.
1. Give Permission for the BrainStorm Teams App. See QuickHelp support article Adding Permissions for the BrainStorm Teams App.
2. Run Script (attached at the bottom of the article Script to Push the BrainStorm Microsoft Teams App). Microsoft has stated that running a Graph API is more stable when using a Teams App installation. We have created the following script based on this suggestion. (Check out this Microsoft Article).
For first-time setup, run the script provided with the following options:
- Installation Mode: 1 (all users) or 3 (CSV).
- Update Mode: 1 (Upgrade).
See article: Script to Push the BrainStorm Microsoft Teams App or if you have already installed Teams via Global Policy see Running Graph API Script with Existing Microsoft Teams Global Policy Installations.
3. Pushing the BrainStorm Teams app globally to all users. See article: Pushing the BrainStorm Teams App to Users (Globally).
4. Pinning the BrainStorm Teams app globally to all users.
See article: Pinning the BrainStorm Teams App (Globally).
5. Wait at least 24 hours (per Microsoft recommendations).
6. Check the QuickHelp Admin portal for the "checkmark" under the Teams column in the Users tab.
: The checkmark will be received after the user logs into Microsoft Teams and performs at least one action in Teams (not in the BrainStorm app).
Please also verify that no older version of the App is installed within your Teams Admin Center. If it is, please delete it. See article: Deleting Previous Version of BrainStorm Microsoft Teams App.