BrainStorm Threat Defense phishing templates will be sent as part of a Campaign.
Campaigns consist of:
- Email to be sent as part of the campaign
- Landing Page user is directed to in the email
- Feedback Page user is directed to if “phished”
- Sending Profile
- Domain used for the Landing Page and Feedback Page (generated by BrainStorm)
- Target Audience for the respective campaign (Groups)
- Date to Start the campaign
- Date to Complete the campaign
- Type of automatic Trigger
- Add to Group action of automatic Trigger
BrainStorm will provide preconfigured Campaigns that should be duplicated and modified prior to use, which is BrainStorm's best practice. This document outlines how to modify an existing campaign. To learn how to create your own campaign, see Create a Threat Defense Campaign.
- Click Campaigns > Simulated Phishing > Campaigns in the Admin Portal
- Check the checkbox to the left of the Campaign in question
- Click Duplicate from the Action Bar
- Click OK to proceed
- Modify the Campaign Name
- Leave the Type, Email Template, Landing Page, and Feedback Page as they are (they are preconfigured by BrainStorm)
- Select the desired Sending Profile from the Sending Profile pulldown menu
- Select the desired Domain from the Domain pulldown menu
NOTE: These Domains are generated by BrainStorm and will be used for the Landing and Feedback pages. In general, there will be a separate subdomain specific to each default campaign (e.g. Microsoft, LinkedIn, etc.).
- For the Target Audience, use Type Assist or click Browse
- Type Assist - enter a minimum of three (3) characters to be presented with options matching what you typed
- Browse - find and select the desired Group
NOTE: It is BrainStorm’s best practice that you initially send each Campaign to a test Group to thoroughly validate all steps.
- Select the desired Time Zone for this campaign from the Time Zone pulldown menu
You will not be able to change the Time Zone or set a Start or Send By Date until you have selected a Target Audience. The selected time zone will determine when the campaign actually starts.
- Choose a Date and Time to start sending Campaign emails in the Start Date field
- Choose a Date and Time by which to have all Campaign emails sent in the Send By Date field
NOTE: To avoid sending issues, emails will be distributed between the Start and Send By date. The Send By Date will pre-populate with the nearest available time, but you can extend as desired.
- In the Automatically add user to group based on trigger section, choose a Trigger Type from the Type pulldown menu
- Choose a Group from the Add to pulldown
NOTE: These settings will automatically add users to the designated Group which can be assigned additional security training. For example, you can add any user who submitted data during the Microsoft Password Reset Phishing Campaign to a Group that has the Recognizing Phishing – Expired Passwords Skill Path assigned. This Group is different that the Group used in the Target Audience.
- Check Notify users when added if you want your users to receive an email when automatically added to this group. Leave unchecked for no notification.
- Click Save Changes in the Action Bar
The Campaign will move from Draft to In Progress on the Start Date/Time.