Did you know that you can add QuickHelp to the ribbon of the four core Office apps? The add-in works with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Not only do you have access to QuickHelp at your moment of need, in the application itself, QuickHelp video content can be filtered by that current application.
You will find the 32-bit and 64-bit installers (msi) in your QuickHelp Admin Portal > Settings > Downloads. The installers will work for Office 2013 and 2016.
Benefits to Using the Ribbon Add-In
- Access from within supported Office applications
- Video content filtered by current application
- Authenticates effortlessly to the Web Portal
What You Need
- Supported Windows or Macintosh OS
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or newer
- Microsoft Office 2016 or Microsoft Office 2013
- Microsoft Excel 2016 or Microsoft Excel 2013
- Microsoft Word 2016 or Microsoft Word 2013
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 or Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 or Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Latest version of VSTO Runtime
- QuickHelp™ Web Portal requirements
How It Works
- MSI can be installed as an interactive GUI or from a command line on individual machines. If installed as an interactive GUI, the ROUTE URL (see Parameters in the installation guide) must be added to the registry manually.
- The BrainStorm-provided .msi can be deployed with existing desktop management platform (SCCM, Altiris, AD Group Policy, etc.).
- It is recommended that the Ribbon add-in be deployed and tested on a small number of workstations prior to full deployment.
- Download the latest installer from your QuickHelp Admin Portal > Settings > Downloads
- Installer bit version must match the bit version of Office
- If moving from one bit version of Office to another, you must manually remove the existing version.
- Authentication is handled at the Web Portal. (see Deploying the QuickHelp Portal)
Who is needed
The following individuals will need to be involved in deploying QuickHelp from the Office Ribbon.
- Your QuickHelp Project Lead
- Your Software Deployment/Desktop Management Team
- This team will manage the deployment of the QuickHelp COM Add-in to each individual machine.
|Keep in Mind|