A great feature of QuickHelp is the ability for your organization to upload custom content. This allows you to benefit from features like assignments, assessments, usage tracking and so on. Below we have included information regarding which formats best support both QuickHelp Assets and Resource Files.
Assets (Video, HTML, Embedded Video, PDF, Assessments)
Use the information below (bit rate, format, frame rate, etc.) to create a file of optimum size, without losing quality. Please note that files can not exceed 2 GB in size. As with other online video sources, the larger the video size, and the higher the bit rate, the more potential issues it may have. Larger videos can be subject to longer load times, and often buffering.
- Format: 1920x1080
NOTE: If you go smaller than 1920x1080, make sure you maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio
- Bit Rate of 8-10
- Frame Rate: 30 fps
- Preferred File Type: .mp4
NOTE: We also support the following: .avi, .mov, .wmv, but recommend .mp4 as the best practice.
- File Size: 1GB or less (the smaller the better)
- File Size cannot be larger than 2GB
If you are trying to upload a larger video with a longer run time, such as an Event or a webinar, you may consider adding a higher level of compression such as 3 MBPS to bring the overall file size down.
If you are using Adobe Premier here is a “how to export” from Adobe.
IMPORTANT – When editing your video, prior to uploading, the audio and the video lengths must match.
We do not support audio only files. You can, however, change an audio file into a video file and upload it following the above listed recommendations.
You can link to any website using a valid URL.
Currently the only Embedded Videos that we support are YouTube videos.
NOTE: If the video is no longer available on YouTube it will no longer be available in QuickHelp.
Upload best practices:
- Any .pdf that you have permission to publish
- Portrait orientation
- Do not to upload high quality PDFs
We have some very informational videos in QuickHelp that explain best practices. Check them out:
- “Asset Questions” ( Content > QuickHelp Admin Training > QuickHelp Admin Portal Training > Asset Questions)
- “Add Assessment Questions to an Asset” ( Content > QuickHelp Admin Training > QuickHelp Admin Portal Training > Add Assessment Questions to an Asset)
NOTE: The corresponding Topic, Category, and Assets must be published in your QuickHelp library in order to view these assets. For questions about Content Visibility, please refer to this Support Document.
Sizes for images are dependent where you are adding the picture.
Custom Communication Image Caps: Must be less than 1mb and should be closer to 100kb
NOTE: In all cases, horizontal images work best.
Resource files are attached directly to an Asset and can be used to supplement the specific material found in that PDF or Video.
Resource Files can be:
- Interactive (e.g. Excel spreadsheets to practice with)
- Instructional (e.g.: Infographs or PowerPoint presentations)
- Supplemental information not found within your Asset. (e.g.: links to podcasts, a transcription of the asset, or links to other articles)
Upload best practice:
- We accept the following file types
- End users must have access to the file types that you upload
- E.g.; if you upload a PowerPoint, end users must have access to PowerPoint
- You must have permission to publish the document