Windows Defender SmartScreen is another layer of security added by Microsoft that works to prevent successful phishing attempts. When running your ThreatDefense campaign your users may encounter a red screen when clicking links in your phishing campaign email.
1. Go to your Microsoft Management Admin Center (endpoint.microsoft.com) and click Devices.
2. Select Configuration profiles under the Policy section.
3. Click the Create Profile icon to open the Create Profile window.
4. In the Create Profile window select the following settings:
- Platform > Windows 10 and Later
- Profile Type > Templates
- Template > Administrative Templates
Click the Create button at the bottom.
5. Enter a Name for your configuration profile and a description (optional). Click next.
6. In your configuration settings, click Computer Configuration from the side and select Microsoft Edge.
7. Click SmartScreen Settings and click the Configure the list of domains for which Microsoft Defender SmartScreen won't trigger warnings.
8. Configure the following settings.
- Supported on: Microsoft Windows 7 or later > select Enabled radio dial.
- Add domains as provided by Brainstorm, Inc. to Configure the list of domains for which SmartScreen won't trigger warnings.Click OK. This will return you to the SmartScreen Settings page, click Next.
9. Optional You may select scope tags, if applicable. Click Next.
10. In the Assignments screen click Add all devices. Click Next and review your settings. Click Create to finalize. This updated profile will be pushed to any device managed by InTune in the next 1-2 hours.