Badges are fun, collectible, and can reflect what is being learned. Adding badges to Skill Paths, Courses, or Assessments is also a quick way for an Admin to see who has completed what.
You can assign Badges either by using a pre-created, unlinked Badge or a by creating and assigning a custom Badge.
NOTE: Child accounts will not be able to see or use any pre-created Badges. They can, however, create their own.
Assigning a pre-created Badge
In the QuickHelp Admin Portal, in the Unlinked section of Badges, you will see a variety of badges that are available to use.
- Select a badge from Badges > Unlinked
- Click Edit in the Action Bar
In the Configure dialog, changed Linked? to Yes
From the first Linked to… pulldown menu, choose Skill Path, Course, or Graded Assessment
From the second Linked to… pulldown menu, choose the desired Skill Path, Course, or Graded Assessment
Give the Badge a Title
Enter a description of How to Earn the Badge
- Click Save in the Action Bar
Creating your own Badge
Creating your own Badge starts with creating your own Badge image/icon. The image must be in either .svg or .png format and QuickHelp recommends that it have a transparent background.
- Click New > Badge from the Action Bar (OR you can go to Badges > Unlinked and click Create Badge from the Action Bar)
- Click Browse to upload your custom image/icon
- Enter and Image Name (NOTE: This is different from the Badge Title)
- Select a Background Color
- Click the Next arrow
- Change Linked?to yes if you wish to assign the badge now
- If you don’t want to assign the badge now, leave Linked? as No and skip to step 11
- From the first Linked to… pulldown menu, choose Skill Path, Course, or Graded Assessment
- From the second Linked to… pulldown menu, choose the desired Skill Path, Course, or Graded Assessment
- Give the Badge a Title
- Enter a description of How to Earn the Badge
- Click the Finish checkmark