Microsoft Graph is an Office 365 API provided by Microsoft that can be leveraged with QuickHelp to provision user accounts and keep QuickHelp licenses concurrent with those of a customer's Office 365 tenant. It is also used to provide data regarding O365 usage. From the QuickHelp Admin portal, you will be able to see how your end users are utilizing your O365 apps and how using QuickHelp impacts that usage.
The configuration is completed in the QuickHelp Administrator Portal, so to complete the following steps, your QuickHelp login must have administrator privileges.
Let's walk through the configuration:
- Log in to the QuickHelp Admin Portal.
- Click on Settings > Office Graph.
- Check Enable Microsoft Graph.
- The Groups and People check-boxes are not tied to any current functionality but are there in preparation for future features. They can be disregarded at this time.
- Click Login to Microsoft O365.
- You will be prompted to login to your organization's Office 365 portal - the login you use must have global administrator permissions.
NOTE: The Global Admin’s credentials are only visible to Microsoft. QuickHelp does not have visibility to them.
- Once logged in to Office 365, Microsoft will present an acceptance dialog for QuickHelp - click Consent on behalf of your organization and then Accept.
- You will be asked how you want to add licenses.
- Manually - all users will be imported into QuickHelp, but no QuickHelp license is assigned. Users will not have QuickHelp access until an organizational QuickHelp administrator manually assigns a license, or the user successfully authenticates via Single Sign-On. The user will not receive any emails from QuickHelp until a license is assigned. If a user's O365 license is removed, the QuickHelp license will also be removed during the next Microsoft Graph sync.
- Automatically - all users will be imported into QuickHelp, and a QuickHelp license is assigned at the same time. Users will have immediate QuickHelp access and will receive emails from QuickHelp. If a user's O365 license is removed, the QuickHelp license will also be removed during the next Microsoft Graph sync.
- Enter an email in the "Send email to" field. This email will receive import results from the Microsoft Graph sync with QuickHelp.
- If you selected to add licenses Automatically, you will be presented with two additional options. The first option asks how you want to treat users created with methods.
- Synchronize licenses with O365 for Office Graph account creation method only - data for any user with an O365 license, regardless of creation method, will be updated according to their Office 365 profile. This includes Job Title, Department, and O365 license type. However, the QuickHelp license will only be automatically sync'ed with users created via Microsoft Graph. This should be used if you have QuickHelp users, such as contractors, who do not have O365 licenses in your tenant.
- Synchronize licenses with O365 for all account creation methods - data for any user with an O365 license, regardless of creation method, will be updated according to their Office 365 profile. This includes Job Title, Department, and O365 license type. Selecting this option will also sync the QuickHelp license with any user's O365 license. If all of your QuickHelp users also have O365 licenses in your tenant, then this is a good option for you.
- The second option you will be presented asks if you want to filter QuickHelp licenses by Product Name, Country, Department, and/or Job Title. You can mix and match the filters below as needed.
- No - all users will be imported into QuickHelp, and a QuickHelp license is assigned at the same time. Users will have immediate QuickHelp access and will receive emails from QuickHelp.
- Yes - a list from your O365 tenant will appear for each Yes. Check/uncheck the items desired. This option is especially helpful if you are doing a phased rollout for QuickHelp, are only assigning licenses to your E1 and/or E3 users, or are only assigning licenses to specific departments. All users will be imported into QuickHelp, but only the users that match the designated filters will be assigned a QuickHelp license.
- Once all the above configuration is complete, click Save Changes in the Action Bar at the bottom of the browser.
- QuickHelp syncs with Microsoft Graph every night, but if you want to synchronize immediately, click Sync Now.
NOTE: Only users with an email domain that is on your organization's approved domain list for QuickHelp will be imported. Please contact your BrainStorm-assigned Client Success Manager if there are any questions about approved domains.