It is BrainStorm’s best practice for your organization to import users with a CSV file, whether you are also implementing Single Sign-On, or not. Please note that the CSV must be formatted in a specific way and that certain fields are required. Also note that, because a CSV uses “comma-separated values”, commas are not allowed in any field.
**To add a user to multiple System or User Groups, a row per Group must be included in the CSV. This means the same user may have multiple rows in the CSV file depending on how many System and/or Users Groups you are adding them to. Each row must contain the FirstName, LastName and Email of the user. If Title and Department are included, it is the Title and Department in the last row (if different) that will be stored in QuickHelp.
To allow for special characters (e.g. ä, ö, ü, á, é, í, etc.) in the FirstName, LastName, Title, or Department fields, the CSV must be saved in a specific format. When using any special characters, each time you save the CSV, please follow these steps:
- From the File tab, choose Save As.
- Name the CSV as desired.
- From the file type pulldown menu, choose CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv).*
- Save to the desired locations
When importing users, you will have three options:
- Add/Update Users – New users will be added. Information for existing users will be updated.
- Deactivate Users – All users in the CSV will be deactivated.
- Import a Master User List – New users will be added. Information for existing users will be updated. Existing users not found in the CSV will be deactivated.
You will be presented with several options throughout the import process, so please thoroughly read the instruction guide found in the attached zip file before importing your CSV file. You will also find the CSV template in the zip file.
The suggested maximum import size is 65,000 rows.