Whether or not you also implement Microsoft Graph, you can pre-load your users into QuickHelp by importing a CSV. Please note that the CSV must be formatted in a specific way and that certain fields are required (sample template attached). Also note that, because a CSV uses “comma-separated values”, commas are not allowed in any field.
Before You Begin
There are a few common errors that can happen during a CSV upload. To avoid these errors, please check the following:
- EMAIL DOMAINS: Provide all organizational email domains to your CSM (or at least those domains that you want to access QuickHelp).
- COLUMN HEADERS: Verify that all column headers in your CSV are named correctly. Please refer to or use the sample CSV attached to this support document.
- SPECIAL CHARACTERS: Pay particular attention to the special characters section if you have any users with special characters in their names.
- REQUIRED FIELDS: FirstName, LastName, and Email are required fields, meaning they must have data. The FirstName and LastName fields must each contain at least 2 characters.
- SEPARATE NAMES: Make sure that the FirstName and LastName are in their respective columns. See the previous information on Required fields.
- GDPR USER DELETION: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in the European Union (EU) on data protection and privacy. EU end users can request that their personal data deleted from QuickHelp. In addition, a QuickHelp Admin (with the appropriate access) can also delete an end user in such a way that only that end user can recreate his/her account via Single Sign-On or Self-Provisioning. If either of these deletions have taken place, a CSV cannot be used to import the user back in to QuickHelp.
- INSTRUCTIONS: It is vital that you read all these instructions. There are different options presented at different points during the import process, and not fully understanding the options may result in unexpected/unintentional results.
- FirstName* (Maximum of 50 characters, Minimum of 2)
- LastName* (Maximum of 50 characters, Minimum of 2)
**Groups listed in the CSV must already exist in QuickHelp. To add a user to multiple System or User Groups, a row per Group must be included in the CSV. This means the same user may have multiple rows in the CSV file depending on how many System and/or Users Groups you are adding them to. Each row must contain the FirstName, LastName and Email of the user. If data for Title and Department are included, it is the Title and Department in the first row (if different) that will be stored in QuickHelp.
|To allow for special characters (e.g. ä, ö, ü, á, é, í, etc.) in the FirstName, LastName, Title, or Department fields, the CSV must be saved in a specific format. When using any special characters, each time you save the CSV, please follow these steps:|
When importing users, you will have three options:
- Add/Update Users – New users will be added. Information for existing users will be updated.
*Please note that users being Updated will not lose any existing usage information. However, if the CSV had a different Title and/or Department for that user than what's already in QuickHelp, QuickHelp will be updated to reflect the data in the CSV.
- Deactivate Users – The QuickHelp license will be removed for all users in the CSV.
- Master User List – New users will be added. Information for existing users will be updated. Existing QuickHelp users not found in the CSV will have their license removed.
You will be presented with several options throughout the import process, so please thoroughly read this instruction guide before importing your CSV file.
The suggested maximum import size is 65,000 rows.
- From your Admin Portal, choose New > User > Import from the Action Bar.
- Choose the desired Import Action
- Click Choose File and browse to the completed CSV file
- Click the Next arrow at the bottom right-hand corner of the dialog. QuickHelp will analyze the file to check for any errors.
- Once analyzed, you will be presented with the results. Any errors found specific to the CSV's data will include which row in the CSV is causing the problem. You can fix the errors at this time but will need to use the back arrow to return to the previous screen and repeat steps 1-3.
NOTE: The results will vary, depending on which Import Action you selected. Possible results are:
- Users to be created
- Users to be updated
- Users to be deactivated
- Click the Next arrow at the bottom right-hand corner of the dialog.
If you chose Deativate Users as your Import Action, the file will Process at this point and will then report how many users were deactivated. Click the Finish checkmark at the bottom right-hand corner of the dialog.
For the Add/Update Users or Master User List Import Actions, continue with the next step.
- Click the checkbox next to any System Group(s) to which you want to add all users in the CSV. This is an optional step.
- Click the Next arrow at the bottom right-hand corner of the dialog.
- Click the checkbox next to any User Group(s) to which you want to add all users in the CSV. This is an optional step.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) customers: If SSO is set up for your QuickHelp tenant, you can choose to send notifications to all users in the CSV. The default behavior is to suppress notifications.
- If checked, new users will receive a Welcome Email, which will include any assignment information. Existing QuickHelp users found in the CSV will receive an email with any new assignment information. You will be notified how many users will receive emails. *Based on the organization and individual email settings.
- If not checked, no email notifications will be sent. This includes the Welcome to QuickHelp Email.
- Non-Single Sign-On (SSO) customers: If SSO is not set up for your QuickHelp account, you can choose to set a Global Password for all new users in the CSV. The default behavior is to set a Global Password.
- Enter and confirm the global password. By default, this will set a global password for new users found in the CSV file. An additional checkbox is available to set the global password for new and updated users. Check Set password for existing users included in the import file to set the global password for all users in the CSV. No email notifications will be sent. This includes the Welcome to QuickHelp Email.
- To allow each new user to set their own password, check Send email to new and existing users. New users will receive an email with a link to set their password. Once they have set a password, they will receive a Welcome Email, which will include any new assignment information. Existing QuickHelp users found in the CSV will receive an email with any new assignment information. You will be notified how many users will receive emails.
- Click the Finish checkmark at the bottom right-hand corner of the dialog.
- The Import will process, and you will receive notification at the bottom of the page when it is completed.
- You (meaning, the admin processing the CSV import file) will receive an email with a summary of the import results.